Powder coating equipment manufacturers need to deeply understand the advantages and disadvantages of powder coating equipment in production, so as to better carry out production.
1. The powder coating does not contain organic solvent, which can avoid fire, poisoning and unsafe transportation problems caused by organic solvent. Although there is a danger of dust explosion, the explosion can be completely avoided as long as the dust concentration in the system is properly controlled.
2. The powder coating is a 100% solid system, which can be used in closed-circuit circulation system. The over sprayed powder coating can be recycled and reused, and the utilization rate of the coating can reach more than 95%.
3. When powder coating is applied, the thickness of coating film can be controlled, and the thickness can reach 30-500 μ m at one time. It is equivalent to the thickness of several to more than ten coats of solvent based coating, which not only reduces the number of constructions, but also is conducive to energy saving and production efficiency.
4. It is easy to maintain the sanitation of the construction environment. The powder attached to the skin can be blown off with compressed air or washed with warm water and soapy water, without the use of irritant cleaning agents.
1. The softening point of powder coating resin is generally required to be above 80℃. When powder coating is made by melting method, the melting as well as mixing temperature is higher than the resin softening point, and the baking temperature during construction is higher than the temperature during manufacture. In this way, the baking temperature of powder coating is much higher than that of general coating, and it cannot be applied to large equipment and heat sensitive substrate.
2. It is more troublesome to change the color and variety of coatings than general coatings. When it is necessary to change colors frequently, the economy of powder coating production as well as construction is seriously damaged, and the cleaning between color changes is very time-consuming. The powder coating equipment manufacturers indicate that the powder coating is suitable for the powder of the same type and color to operate for a reasonable long time.
3. The coating equipment of powder coating is different from that of general coating, which cannot be directly used. Users need to install new coating equipment and powder coating recycling equipment.
Analyzing from the above advantages and disadvantages, in general, the technology and equipment of powder coating equipment are becoming more and more mature. It is also bound to move towards more reliable automation, intelligence, low energy consumption and low pollution.
Powder coating equipment manufacturers should continue to manufacture more advantageous powder coating equipment, avoid or overcome corresponding shortcomings, and give full play to the greater role of powder coating equipment.